Month: February 2017

How to File a Claim on Unclaimed Property

Address Proof

Unclaimed-Property (1)If you need to file a complaint on the unclaimed property, there are so many easier methods that you can apply for that. Here are the series of procedures that you need to go through for getting a claim on the property:

The first thing that you are needed to carry out is that search the online database of all the unclaimed property.If you find a claim that belongs to you, you can click on the “Persue claim” option and thereafter you will be asked to follow the instructions one by one on the screen. Bellevue Moving Services 

  • You can also mail your claim by following the above written methods and then going to the mail option from the Provide Proof Page. This way you can get your claim voucher and then print it.
  • You can scan the documents right away but in case you don’t have a scanner, you can take the pictures of the documents using your digital camera and attach the pictures. Make sure the pictures follow any of the .jpg, .xls, .doc, .pdf, .tif, .txt, .png, and .gif format.


Apart from these, you can also be asked to submit some extra information about you:

  • You might be asked to submit an identity proof with your photo or any address proof. You can use proof like driver’s license, passport, or other legal photo identification credentials that are authorised.
  • Address proof can be anything that has your name and address printed on it with the claim like auto registration, school transcript or report card, marriage record, utility statement, bank statements, court credentials, a postmarked packet addressed to you and any other Paintbrush digging up a one hundred dollar billthing that you can think of. If there is more than one owner on the claim, make sure you provide the proof listed to you.
  • If you are claiming the property on behalf of someone else who is unable to file because of any logical reasons, you need to have a certificate that will prove your authority and the owner’s will on the document. If the owner is a minor, you are required to present a copy of their birth certificate.
  • If you have changed the name, you need to provide a proof with the name change certifcate that will prove your identity.
  • In case you are unable to provide all the documents on time, you can email them about the reasons of why you cannot claim the property and why it is entitled to you.
  • UnclaimedPropertyGenerally the claims that take accounr of stock or mutual funds take a longer time of processing than the general ones.
  • If the owner of the property is expired, you need to provide a death certificate and prove your relationship with the owner.